background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm Baaaack...

Well hello there little blog! Oh, how I've missed you!! No joke, it's been 8 MONTHS since I've posted. Literally, I have been thinking about blog posts this whole time, but actually getting on here to post, that's a different story. What have I been working on?? Well, for starters, this:



And while our little bundle of joy grows, so do I...

Ok, you can't really see my belly here, but I was only a few weeks pregnant and already I was being discriminated against at the sledding hill...

17 weeks
This was obviously on St. Patricks Day with Julie - the belly really started to pop that week, I think just for Julie's arrival. 

21 weeks

23 weeks

28 weeks
(PS, I've been trying to find to quick, easy ways to do my hair for when this little babe comes our way - apparently I'll be a little busy. What do you think? I feel like I may have worn my hair like this for Halloween one year which doesn't really help me wanting to do this one too much, but it's super easy. Suggestions??)


This past Tuesday, I hit my 3rd trimester!! Yahoo! We are on the downhill slope now! I've actually had a great pregnancy so far. I got a little queasy in my first trimester, mostly at night, but I can proudly say that I have yet to throw up! Is it sad that not throwing up is my big accomplishment?? I think I am headed into the uncomfortable 3rd trimester territory, but it's so worth it! As many of you know, Jeremy and I have been trying to start our family for quite a while now and we couldn't be happier or more grateful for this little miracle. Anyway, we are having a sweet baby girl that is due on August 28th. The cat is well out of the bag now and I can tell you with a good amount of certainty that we are going to name her Molly.

You would think that with a little girl on the way, I would be going crazy buying her clothes, right? Nope (my mom is doing the work in that department for the both of us haha). Actually, I have been obsessed with creating the perfect nursery for our baby Molly. We've done a lot of work so far, mostly because I'd like to do as much as I can now while I still feel pretty good. I didn't want to go too crazy on the pink in her room. After all, I really don't think she cares that much what her room looks like now, but Jeremy and I are going to be spending a lot of time in there. I also wanted something that will grow with her and can be easily changed as she starts getting her own opinion about her room. So I decided on whites and creams with touches of pink. The starting point of the room came from a toile fabric I found on-line. Anyway, this is where we started:





I'll be the first to admit that I went a little color crazy when we first bought this house and while I loved the yellow and blue colors, it was a little much and I love the color that we went with for the nursery.




(don't mind the cords and blinds in this last one - we are still a work in progress...)




What exactly have we done so far? Well, here's a little list:
* Cleared out the room and sold most of the old stuff on craisglist
* Painted
* Put up wainscoting WALLPAPER
* Installed the chair rail (thanks Uncle Mike for your help!!)
* Made curtains
* Assembled the crib
* Made crib skirt and matching pillow (which by the way will not stay in the crib, but will go on the glider as soon as we get it - for as little as I know about babies, I am well aware of the SIDS risk that pillows pose)

I will definitely be separating out the big projects and creating posts for each so that you can see how we put everything together. It's really coming together exactly how I imagined it and I am so excited for the day when we bring her home to her little spot in the world. As for this weekend, we will be putting together the dresser that we got from ikea. If you were wondering, the instruction manual for that thing is almost 50 PAGES LONG!! Wish us (or mostly Jeremy) luck!! I promise to continue posting - especially as this little one gets closer and closer to getting here I will be sure to update you all with what's going on in our lives and definitely with some (or a million) baby pics when she does make her arrival.


No comments:

Post a Comment